Thursday 24 January 2019

Restaurant Review: Black Vanilla Cafe

Location: Ground floor, Landscape Excelsior bldg, Opp Kala Academy, DB Road, Campal Panaji.

I had been seeing this place for quite some time now but could not get around to go. At first thought, when you look from outside, you seem to be little unsure what the place has to offer. But believe me, it's a wonderful place. It's a cozy nook for peace (+books+ food ) lovers like me.


One of the evenings when I was alone and wanted to grab a bite, I thought of checking this place out. It is located on the DB Road opposite last gate of kala Academy near Crossword Book Shop.

This cafe gives a feel that it is just picked from somewhere in US and placed here. They offer burgers, sandwich, pizza, crepe, salads, coffee, milkshakes and other beverages. I ordered a Pulled chicken sandwich and peach apricot iced tea.

Tree of books
The cafe has two levels. The lower level has the counter and 2 single seater stools with tables while upstairs there are about 6 tables with chairs. When I went upstairs, I could just say woww... What caught my attention was a bookshelf designed like a tree and few of bestsellers peeking out at me.




The food took me by surprise. It was an open sandwich with a dome of Shredded chicken mixed with barbecue sauce and some lettuce. And it was to say the least, MIND BLOWING. It tasted wonderful and was filling. The iced tea went well with the sandwich. It came in a mason jar and was super refreshing. 


Pulled chicken sandwich
Peach apricot iced tea

 Loved everything about this beautiful cafe. Waiting to visit again.


Food: 5/5

Service: 5/5

Ambiance: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment